Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting service is related to hoarding and/or sharing given web content on a web server handled by a website hosting provider. There are different classes of hosting services utilized for different aims, so let's study them. In this way, you can pick what you want, on the basis of whether you'd like to build a web portal, mail addresses, or to share files with buddies and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service furnished by particular hosts, which allows you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file storage packages frequently involve advertisements next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a certain spell of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file storage plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a totally inaccurate explanation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would assign the load between autonomous hosts of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending different webspace hosting services (email, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a sort of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; some providers provide a hosting service for images solely. This hosting brand is suitable if you desire to share a large quantity of pictures with chums or colleagues since the service is commonly free of charge. You will receive a random link for each and every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web sites.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to managing your e-mail accounts. Some companies offer website hosting services for web sites, but do not provide an email service. If you would like to set up an email address with your domain name but do not wish to have a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can open e-mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video brings about a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of videos and a few hundred website viewers, you may have trouble with your webspace hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will permit you to operate as many video clips as you wish without worrying about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you need if you want to keep a website. To a certain degree, it encompasses all of the aforementioned hosting varieties since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can keep databases and e-mail address accounts, upload video files, etc. At Free Hostia, for example, you can have a look at web hosting and dedicated hosting accounts that permit you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in a single location. There may be limits based on the sort of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web site hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the routine email/file/video/image hosting plans that are conceived for specific content exclusively.